Thursday, October 23, 2008

Meeting 14 October 2008

Our President first 100 days was on 08X08 and I am sure all the members would agree that he has done so much that very few of us can dare to challenge. The next person in line has to work much harder to be near to what he has done.

Anyway for our meeting he has done the usual fixing up of the roles and you can see that almost everyone of the role player came. Everyone came on time except the couple the so called Founders came late. They claimed that they were illegally detained by UHMC.

Present for the meeting were: Leong, Levine, Mohamad, Monsieur, Larry, Dr Gan, Joyce, Raja, Mano, Adam, Chin, Ho, Thilo, Diana, Mike, Khung, Manian and Guests Lim and Yian. With 17 members we have a 61% attendance score. With 2 non-members we have almost 10% of the those present as guests.

After a long break, Joyce managed to take a break from her high flying activities and oblige with a TME job. Considering her long absence I must say she has done her job well. Raja did his Invocation and Mano conducted the Table Topics with Adam taking the TT Evaluator role. The subject was current and controvertial Thilo, Masdiana, Lim, Yian and Mohamad volunteered. The winner went to Mohamad with his machine gun rattling from opening to the end telling us how to look at our commonalities rather than our differences.

The speakers for the evening were Chin speaking on "My Philosophy in Life", Ho on "Vote for Change", Mohamad on "We must open up" and Thilo on "When the going gets tough the tough gets going". I suppose everyone was emotional that night and the vote goes to Ho as the best speaker after he showed his temper and throwing away temper. I guess everyone was afraid that if he does not win he may throw us out of the window. He was so emotional and passionate about what he spoke and all of us can feel his anger.

The speech evaluators were Levine, Masdiana, Mike and Larry. The winner went to Masdiana who evaluate Ho. Apparently, the speech winner has some bearing on the Evaluator too. Her main advise to Ho is don't litter the place - Bandaraya will take him to court.

Monsieur was our General Evaluator. He admit that he has been GE for other club but this is the first time he was given a chance to do it in our club. Khung our Grammarian did well, Caren was absent and the role goes to someone I forgot to note, and the timer is Manian.

President took over from the GE and wanted to close the meeting until he was reminded to pass to Larry to close the meeting. Larry did well to close the meeting as he prepares a poem for us all to ponder and bring home.

Well, the theme 100 days went well without crisis a negative word chosen for the day.

Another great meeting I must add and I am sorry to all who were absent as I was delinquent in writing this report on time. I must try and do it but sometime I just could not as I have to take care of my injured wife, you know ferry her through KL traffic.

2 comments:

leong said...

My dear fellow members,

My first 100 days in office has been anything BUT peaceful. I am off to a pretty rough start. It started with VPPR Monsieur in Pantai hospital. This was followed by Caren , our newest member ( appendicitis ) and now, one half of our Founder-Diana who was admitted for hip replacement surgery due to an unfortunate fall during the lunar 7th month. In between, my son was admitted to hospital for dengue. So was the caterer and i just found out that our Treasurer, Zarini's husband is also down with suspected Dengue symptoms. Nothing saps my energy more than my dear members suffering because this is something that i can never prepare for. I am by nature a born worrier, i.e. i always have a plan B , plan C, plan D for my contingency plans which is why our meetings are proceeding as planned. But when misfortune befall our members, we can just watch and pray & hope and this just saps my energy away. I am losing steam and enthusiasm. So much to be done before i step down on 30th June 2009, yet so little time and so many unforeseen disruptions along the way.
On top of that, our club finances do not look healthy in the immediate future as expenses are creeping up and a raise in membership fees is unacceptable.
My crystal ball just looks HAZY at this moment.
Be that as it may, my duties and responsibilities to all of you and the club remain intact for the time
being although cracks are beginning to appear. I make no excuses for my shortfall and as we move into the next 100 days, my only plea from all of you is just to respond during my request for role plays. With 28 of you, its not possible for the vpe & i to call each and everyone of you for confirmation.
Just give me this bit of cooperation and i will be able to accomplish all that i set out to do during my presidency.
That is all i ask from you.
My next club report will be my semi-annual report on 31-12-2008.
Good night.

Mohamad Abdullah, DTM said...

Thank you Mr President for responding and telling me you are visiting this site.