Great to be read again =) On the 27th of July 2010, we the MII Toastmasters Club held our Humorous and Evaluation Contest. The Humorous contest is where the funniest of Toastmasters compete in a Humor Battle to be the best & win the crowd's reaction... to laugh. The Evaluation Contest instead focused more on listening and deduction skills on evaluating a test speaker invited as an example.
There were four contestants for the Humor Contest
1) Mr. Leong Kok Wah who spoke with humor on corruption.
2) Mr. Justin Ong who spoke on living on overseas and not coming back.
3) Mr. S. Mano who joked about an experience with a headstrong subordinate of his, and
4) Mr. Mohamad Abdullah who's play of words lingered between lead the sheep, leadership and lick the...
After dinner, the Evaluation Contest commenced.
The contestants were
1) Mr.Leong Kok Wah,
2) Mr. Mohamad Abdullah,
3) Mr. Philip Wong,
4) Mr. Justin Ong,
5) Ms. Anna Hue,
6) Dr Gan,
7) Mr. Wong Chen.
The Contest speaker of the night was Mr. Vincent Chow who gave a speech with the title, 'If I were a Girl'. Most likely an adaptation from the original Beyonce Song "If I were a Boy". Vincent gave a remarkable performance of which the 7 contestants each took their turn to evaluate him.
The winners were
Humorous Speech Contest
1) Mr. Leong Kok Wah
2) Mr. Mohamad Abdullah
3) Mr. S. Mano
1) Mrs. Anna Hue
2) Mr. Mohamad Abdullah
3) Dr. Gan Eng Meng
Congratulations to the winners!! And also A Big Congratulations to all the participants who participated during the contests. It takes great courage to compete let alone speak in front of a large audience. You all did really well!
Also a very special thanks to ALL the Role players who made ALL of this Happen.
Madam President cum Organising Chair: Goh Wei Lyn
Humorous Contest Chair: Miss Jerene Yap
Evaluation Contest Chair: Mr. Wong Hang Hiang
SAA: Mohd Fazlan
ASAA: Ho Fook Chuan
2nd ASAA: Mas Marlena
Time Keeper: Tiffany Ng
Assistant TimeKeeper: Lim Ah Hwai
Ballot Counter 1: Eugene Lau
Ballot Counter 2: Ms. Siow Fei Yau
TestSpeaker: Mr. Winson Chow
Honorable Contest Judges:
1) Chief Judge, ACG Lee Wei Seong
2) Judge CC, Teoh Chun Ming,
3) Judge CC, Marcus Loi
4) Judge ACS ALB, Nancy Liew
5) Judge ACB, Eu Choi San
6) Judge, Ginger
Your services were very much appreciated =D
After the certificate and prize giving session, announcements were made to the floor.
- Area W4 is having their Humorous and Evaluation Contests on the 21st of August, 1-3pm @ the MIA Resource Center.
- Ernst & Young Toastmaster's Club is having theirs on the 1st of September 2010.
- & The Final announcement was for a call for unused medicines at home. Anyone who has unfinished medicine kept in your closets please donate them to our MII Toastmasters Charity Rep. Masdiana. Your drugs will be tested for usability and dispensed in rural areas where medicine is scarce but required.
Same time, Same place! New Theme!
This is Trius Blades, your 2010 e-VPPR signing off!